Federal Way Farmers Market
Federal Way Farmers Market will open near its original location for the 2012 season. Bringing community together this May to October, every Saturday from 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Commons at Federal Way SW corner parking lot. Come and experience the freshest fruits and vegetables direct from the farmers. Look for the season’s fresh cut flowers, bakery products and local crafts. A master gardener is always on site to give you tips, or help you with questions you might have about planting, weeding, and lawn care.
Come meet your friends or make new ones. Enjoy snacks like mini donuts, cookies, shaved ice or have lunch in our covered eating area, while enjoying live music.
According to organizers of the federal way farmers market, the market will open May 12 at the mall's southwest corner, near South 324th Street and Pacific Highway South (behind Sears). More than 70 vendors typically set up shop at the market, which runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays through October. Vendors offer everything from fresh flowers and locally-grown produce to gardening information and snacks.
The market features a swap meet and garage sale on the first Saturday of each month, Kamehameha Day in June, zucchini races in August, a Fire Department versus Police Department chili cook-off in September and harvest celebrations in October.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- May 12th Opening day
- June Swap meet / Garage sale, Kamehameha day (Hawaiian day)
- July Swap meet / Garage sale, Kiwanis family safety day, King County library day (320th branch)
- August Swap meet / Garage sale, Zucchini races, Adult Health Day & Community Services
- September Swap meet / Garage sale, Vendor appreciation day, Chili cook – off (Fire Dept. vs. Police)
- October Swap meet / Garage sale, Harvest celebrations
To learn more about the market, visit federal way farmers market website.
Photo courtesy of bissynut.com